Monday, November 23, 2015

Group curricular micro teaching & 2-column puzzle solving

Here are the groups and topics for the group micro teaching next Monday Nov. 30 (spilling over to Wednesday Dec. 2): (Please edit this to add your names, topic and grade/ course levels)

1) Deeya, Etienne & Ying Ting:  Ambiguous case of sine law (Gr. 11)
2) Alison, Ian: Introduction to linear relations/graphing (Gr. 8)
3) Alice, Daniel and Nadereh: Gr. 11 or 12
4) Pari, Amandeep, Shan: Probability (Gr. 8) (or possibly Pythagorean Theorem?)
5) Jacob & Julie: Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers
6) Arshbir & Sissi: Graphing relations (Gr. 10) (What aspect of this topic?)
7) Pacus, Iqra, Heijin:
8) Simran, Mandeep, Jessica: Percentages (Gr. 8) (What aspect of percentages?) (or probability?)
9) Alice, Daniel, Nadereh: infinite geometric series

Here are the puzzles people have chosen from John Mason's Thinking Mathematically for their two-column problem solving individual assignment: (Please edit to add your name and the name of the puzzle you have chosen. We will aim to have a different puzzle for each person.)

1) Shan: One Sum
2) Rachel: Diagonals of a Rectangle
3) Alice: Reversals
4) Amandeep: Coin Slide Puzzle
5) Daniel: Quad-Cut Triangles
6) Jimmy: Kathy's Coin Puzzle
7) Sissy: Odd Divisors
8) Heijin: Weighing Fish
9) Deeya: Hundred Squares
10) Jessica: Faulty Bricks
11) Jacob: Rolling Coins
12) Pacus: Full-Length Mirrors
13) Iqra: Ins and Outs
14) Ying Ting: Ladies' Luncheon
15) Alison: Tethered Goat (Silo Version)
16) Etienne: Arithmagons -- Secret Numbers
17) Julie: Square Bashing
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

45 comments:

  1. Jacob & Julie

    I don't think we have permission to edit the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Agree. My puzzle for the 2-column solution is "One Sum" on page 208 (varied on different editions).

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I don't know, I can't edit the post. My puzzle for the 2-column solution is "Diagonals of a Rectangle" on page 166.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I don't know, I can't edit the post. My puzzle for the 2-column solution is "Diagonals of a Rectangle" on page 166.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my puzzle for the 2-column solution is "Reversals" on page 173.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will solve the "Coin Slide Puzzle" on page 149.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will solve the "Coin Slide Puzzle" on page 149.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WANT TO DO Quad-cut Triangles ON PAGE 171

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be working on Kathy's Coin puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be working on Odd Divisors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arshbir and Sissi: Topic not determined yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topic is Graphing Relations (Grade 10)

      Delete
    2. I will also be working with Arshbir and Sissi on Graphing Relations

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the 2-column puzzle, I will be doing Weighing Fish problem on page 197

      Delete
  13. Pacus, Iqra, Heijin: topic to be determined

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be working on "hundred squares" - Pg 159

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. for 2-column puzzle, I will work on "Faulty Bricks" on p. 154

    ReplyDelete
  18. For the 2 Column Puzzle: Rolling Coins

    ReplyDelete
  19. On behalf of Pacus: he's working on "Full-length mirrors"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alice, Daniel, Nadereh - we are doing infinite geometric series

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm working on "Ins and Outs".

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jacob & Julie: Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ian and I are doing an introduction to linear relations/graphing for our grade 8 mini teaching lesson

    ReplyDelete
  24. My question is called "Ladies Luncheon" on page 29 on Thinking Mathematically.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My question is going to be "tethered goat (silo version)" from thinking mathematically p. 178

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My question is Arithmagons - secret numbers

    ReplyDelete
  28. My question is "Square Bashing" on page 176

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pari, Amandeep, Shan: we are doing probability or Pythagorean theorem (grade 8) for mini lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I will be doing leap birthday from 162

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jimmy, Rachel, Gladis: Collect & Analyse data (grade 9)

    ReplyDelete
  33. For my two-column puzzle, I have chosen 'Half Life' on page 175 (2nd edition).

    ReplyDelete
  34. Iqra, Heijin, & Pacus - Microteaching - Applications of Quadratic Functions

    ReplyDelete
  35. Amandeep, Pari and Shan will teach probability (grade 8).

    ReplyDelete
  36. We will be teaching the following aspects of the topic percentages:
    Students will be able to use the given percentage to find the required information
    Students will be able to find percentage of two given whole numbers.
    Students will have the understanding of the percentage sign.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I forgot to post here but I worked on the puzzle called the leap birthday on page 162

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete